Sunday, May 15, 2011

Aplogies for an absence.

And the world's like a science and I'm like a secret.
And I saw you lingering still, still.
I saw you lingering still.
-She & Him, Lingering Still.

oh yes, these springtime fashions are still lingering around every street corner. I still see cute pastel blouses and Bohemian skirts and cute wedges where ever I look. Life is a nice set to be on.

Aplogies for an absence. I needed "ME AND ONLY MEEE" time for awhile. I'll tell you about my new fashion endeavours:

So I went to Washington DC and went crazy on shopping. We (family) were supposed to get a visa(s) to go to China this year, but turns out, my forgetful father didn't know we were supposed to have our old passports. Thanks Father, for that lovely insightful language you muttered under your breath while shaking your head.
Anyway...
My i-hate-shopping-with-a-passion mother and I went to J.Crew, where I bought a $10 flower pin (on sale) and cute navy blouse, $24.99, also clearence. Satisfied? OH YEAH. Tysons Corner mall, Vera Bradley store; lunchbox $28. I don't want to be like any other Vera toting girl at my school, but I needed a lunchbox, and the Twirly Birds Navy was cute. Forever 21, $24 ivory lace dress, gorgeous. Picture ASAP. H&M sandales, $13, then.......HAGERSTOWN.
Dood, OUTLET MALL=CHEAP. $14 Ked shoes, $6 Banana Replublic t-shirts, $15 Gap cardigans, $10 J.Crew leather belts and $25 Wilson Leather small backpacks?? WIN.

Tip: Vintage vintage vintage. Oversized dress? BELT. Too big jeans? Cut and suspenders. Also, don't rule out "DISGUSTING" cheapo stores, they usually hold the coolest finds. Gaberiel Brothers (where I live) is an amazing store. Scary on the outside, okay on the inside and SPECTACULAR in the racks. Goodwill can always help :) Remember, fashion isn't all about name brands and sky-high prices, it's about originality and personality.

quirks&birds.
CHEERS DARLINGS.
Ling.

No comments:

Post a Comment